Rules of the Japan GO Society for the Visually Impaired
- The Society develops and improves feeling by hand and spatial understanding through braille Go (9x9 board), as a communicating means between the visually impaired and the unimpaired, beyond race, border, age and gender.
The Society promotes braille Go, by employing a 9x9 board suited for the visually Impaired.
3. Policy for activities
- Setting up of braille Go in blind schools and facilities for the visually impaired
- Training of braille Go instructors and recruitment of instructing volunteers
- Planning and practicing of Go the championship contest between the visually impaired and the unimpaired without handy
- Training of professional braille Go instructors
- Dispatching instructors to overseas facilities for the visually impaired for setting up braille Go clubs
- promoting international exchange through braille Go, and planning and practicing the world championship contest by the visually impaired and the unimpaired
- Opening mobile classes for general schools (primary and middle) and blind schools
- Editing and issuing publications on promotion of braille Go
- The Society plans operations for aiming at recruiting and registering of Go instructing volunteers, and dispatching them to blind schools for instruction.
- The society operates holding various Go contests.
- Promoting division :Setting up of braille Go clubs in general and blind schools and promoting of Go games
- Medical and education research division : Educative roles of braille Go on sensitive and feeling progress for visually impaired. Medical roles of Go for mental deterioration of the elderly, and etc.
- Administration and welfare : Roles of Go and approach to human right, welfare and administration. For example, locations of blind schools, social participation of pupils and its possibility
- Contest operation : Planning, operation and public relations for Go contests inside and outside Japan. Planning and holding matches between professionals and amateurs (supported by professional) and matches among amateurs (general, and between the visually impaired and the unimpaired)
- Financial operation division : Economic side for smooth activities of each division to be mainly supported by the Office
- Contributions : Asking of contributions from individuals, groups and enterprises
- Financial assistance : Assistance from the country and local governments
- Membership fees : Individuals (annual fee) and supporting members. Fee and privilege will be discussed and informed later.
- Sponsored event contest : Supporting of contest operation, taking into account sponsored contests with supporting companies and PR activities of cultural contribution operations by supporting enterprises
- Sales income : Issuing of publication etc.
Chairman Kazuo Nakagawa
Advisor (education) Isao Nakamura
Advisor (medical) Reizou Manabe
Advisor (medical) Hiroshi Wada
Chief Director Setsuo Mori (9 dan)
Director (Go) Mitsuhisa Yukawa (9 dan)
Director (Go) Toshitaka Asae
Director (Go) Hiromitu Oda (7 dan)
Director (publication) Toshiyuki Kamoda
Director (braille technology) Toshikazu Katoh
Director (administration) Hiichiro Yamamoto
Director (welfare) Yoshio Matsui
Planning Naoko Arai
Office Manager Fumio Miyano
Secretary and Accountant Ruri Miyano